Every student-athlete has a story, details about themselves and their background that extend beyond just the playing field and athletics.
Throughout the summer, we will take a look at the members of the Tennessee Tech women's basketball team and get to know more about them, the student-athletes who are representing not just their home communities, but also the University, Cookeville and the Upper Cumberland as they don the purple and gold. We asked the team to provide facts about themselves that they want you, the fans, to know about them.
Today, we shift the focus to managers Ben Trosper and Ito Ogbomo. The longest-tenured managers currently on the Golden Eagle squad, Trosper is currently in his third season with the Tech women's basketball program, while Ogbomo is starting her second full season. Behind-the-scenes and at the bench, the Tech managers are diligent, hard-working students who help keep the programs running like a fine-tuned machine.
- My hometown is Franklin, Tenn., and it is forever my favorite place to be because of the childhood memories and the sense of home it gives me.
- Some of my hobbies include working out, playing golf, football or basketball. I also like cooking, video games, playing guitar, naps and food. :)
- I LOVE music, depending on what I'm listening to it can change my mood instantly. I listen to all types of music – I can go from Luke Combs and Morgan Wallen to Drake and Future to Chris Brown and Bryson Tiller and then to Justin Bieber (yup!) all in one workout. My favorite genre would probably be hip hop/rap or R&B.
- I have two half-siblings. My brother Jacob is 10 and my sister Addy is 8.
- My favorite movie of all time is Finding Nemo. I'm a sucker for Disney.
- My mom, Dr. Queen Ogbomo, is a faculty member in the College of Education here at Tech.
- I played basketball and lacrosse for 6 years. Most notably, my basketball team and I won conference and district titles back-to-back my junior and senior years of high school.
- I have an addiction to caffeine. I absolutely love Redbull and iced coffee. In a similar way to Maaliya drinking hot chocolate year-round, I drink iced coffee year-round as well.
- I have a severe shoe addiction. My closet is practically packed with shoes. Ask anybody on the team, and they'll say I have the best shoe game :)
- I'm extremely obsessed with Jack Harlow. He's one of my favorite musical artists of all time. I recently saw him in concert on my birthday September 6th, and I haven't been able to stop talking about it. 1,000/10 experience.