By Thomas Corhern, TTU Sports Information
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. – The team of Gary and Lee Maxwell went wire-to-wire to win the 2019 Pepsi Bobby Nichols Golden Eagle Scramble presented by Budweiser, closing the final round out on a rainy Sunday afternoon with a 10-under to finish at 40-under for the weekend.
The Maxwells went 16-under on day one at Golden Eagle Golf Club, then shot 14-under at White Plains Golf Course on Saturday to take a 30-under advantage through the first two runs.
The duo of Tyler Greene and Tre Lamb finished second with an 11-under to go 36-under for the weekend.
Tennessee Tech head golf coach Polk Brown, teamed with Blake Garrison for the event, posted the day's low at Golden Eagle Golf Club with a 12-under to close out the weekend with a 33-under.
The other flight winners included:
- First flight – Daniel Gleesing/Logan Rittenberry (29-under, playoff)
- Second flight – Mills Rogers/Jack Lynn (22-under)
- Third flight – Reece Jones/Gareth Moody (16-under)
- Fourth flight – Anthony Wright/Johnie Reels (12-under)
- Fifth flight – Mark Mabry/Brandon Mabry (7-under, playoff)
- Sixth flight – Brad Davis/Matt Pippin (1-under, playoff)
- Seventh flight – Tarrey Whiteside/Buddy Pearson (5-over)
- Eighth flight – Dale Thomas/Charles Cole (11-over, playoff)
- Ninth flight – Floyd Barron/James Barron (17-over).